The classic trench coat should be sat in every one of our wardrobes. It is the dominant transitional item that needs to comes out every season, one way or another. A covetable piece favoured by the fashion pack leaders, it is essential that when you do wear it and specifically belt it, you know how. It’s not as simple as tying a basic knot… We shall show you a step-by-step guide on how to tie a trench coat belt.
The back Knot for the trench coat belt
- Put the belt around your waist and without fastening the belt, layer the tail end of the belt over the buckled end.
- Take the buckled end and fold it up and over the tail end, so the buckled end is facing the wrong way up.
- Continue to pull this end around the tail end, so that it forms a loop.
- Continuing to work with the buckled und, pull it up through the back of where the belt has become tied.
- Fold this buckled end forward and push it through the loop.
- Pull to your desired tightness.
The downward loop
- Put the belt around your waist and fasten the buckle to your desired tightness.
- With the excess tail end strap hanging downwards, pull it upwards through the back of the belted strap.
- This will have formed a loop, where you need to insert the strap into.
- Once the strap is pushed through the loop, pull this together tightly to form a secure knot.
Here some Trench coats available on our Shop.